- Pandya- Diversity Update (pdf)
- Pandya- Summary of the 2007 Sahel Conference (pdf)
- Anthes- An Introduction to AAAS-UCAR-NCAR Africa Initiative (pdf)
- COMET & the Africa Initiative (pdf)
- Lamptey & Warner- Weather Research and Forecast (WRF) Modeling in Africa: the Ghana example (pdf)
- Laing & Moncrieff- Weather Research in Africa: Science for Society (pdf)
- Upgrading Infrastructure and Radars and stream data through UNIDATA back to NCAR (pdf)
- Pandya- An Integrated Approach to Excellence: An overview for UCAR BOT (pdf)
- Pandya- An Overview of AAAS-UCAR Africa Initiative (pdf)
Two UCAR representatives traveled to Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso to explore opportunities for partnerships and to provide an update on the AAAS/UCAR Africa Initiative to THORPEX.
- Lamptey- WRF Ghana (pdf)
- Pandya- An Overview of AAAS/UCAR Africa Initiative (pdf)
Applications Focused Research on the African Weather & Climate Systems (ppt)
- Pandya- Africa Initiative Update (ppt)
Western Africa NWP: The model and initial results
A subset of those involved in the Africa Initiative met to prepare a proposal for the UCAR President's Council. The proposal outlined a set of pilot activities to launch the Africa Initiative, and was presented to the President's Council on 17 November. Reaction was favorable, and the President's Council offered $200K toward the pilot activities.
- Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- Boger- GLOBE in Africa (ppt)
- Bruintjes- (ppt)
- Laing-Moncrieff- Patterns of convection in Africa: Implications for prediction of precipitation (ppt)
- Lamptey- Capacity Building in Africa (ppt)
- Pandya- (ppt)
- Ramamurthy- UNIDATA (ppt)
- Shapiro- (ppt)
- Update: September 28, 2006 (pdf)
- Summary of progress to-date: September 6, 2006 (pdf)
On July 20th, Participants presented an update and overview of the discussion to the managers of all UCAR/NCAR/UOP programs. Click here to download the ppt presentation.
Draft Meeting Minutes (word)
Click here to download a PDF copy of the Meeting Minutes from UCAR's initial discussion regarding the Africa Initiative.